What is this workshop about?
This 2 day event is for anyone who is serious about improving the lives of marginalised and disadvantaged people such as people with a mental illness, people with disabilities, frail aged and people experiencing poverty or homelessness.
This 2 day workshop is designed to assist participants to:
- Understand social devaluation and its consequences for people who are marginalised;
- Learn about SRV as a means of addressing those experiences of devaluation;
- Strengthen one’s motivation to counteract devaluation in the lives of people one knows and supports; and
- Clarify the features of a good life and the essential means of obtaining that good life.
- The ideas in SRV theory often pose a challenge to participants as they directly address what is really involved in achieving valued social roles within one’s community. In this way SRV becomes an ongoing stimulus to examine what is authentically optimal for people with a devalued status.