Start: Mon 03 May, 2021 09:00End: Mon 10 May, 2021 17:00
Presented by: Janet Klees
If you missed out on this remarkable workshop, or would like to watch it again, here’s your chance! We’ll be providing access to the workshop replay for one week only in May 2021.
We held this online workshop in March and received great feedback.
About The Workshop
You cannot create a relationship….but you can recognise, encourage and design opportunities in which the miracle of friendship is more likely to occur.
If you are involved with planning and supporting a person to be a fuller member of their community and need a practical approach that works, this workshop is for you!
Join us to explore
- stories to stretch your imagination
- a basic framework that you can begin to use today, and
- some tips and ideas on support basics from a practitioner of 30 years.
The workshop is based upon the belief that when our communities are able to invite, welcome and appreciate the contributions of its most vulnerable members, we all benefit.
- Communities need support to discover these contributions.
- Supporters need a vision of possibility, a sound approach and effective strategies to take action.
Who Should Watch the Replay?
- This event is for people with disability, their family members and those that support them, including friends, extended family, Circle members, mentors, work colleagues, employers, and educators.
When Can You Watch the Replay?
- Access commences at 9:00 AM on Monday, May 3
- Access closes at 5:00 PM on Monday, May 10
- These dates and times are in the Canberra/Sydney/Melbourne timezone
- You can watch it as often as you wish during the access period
Please note that this is NOT a live workshop.
You’ll have short-term access to the edited workshop recording and a page filled with resources. You can watch the workshop at any time that suits you during the week it will be available.
Please Share This Registration Link With Others
- Invite family and friends
- Use it as training for your family member’s mentors or support workers
- Ask your school to register
- Share it with your family member’s Circle of Support
- Simply click the button and you’ll be taken to a registration form
- There will be no cost to watch the replay
For more information contact Anne: email@example.com
This webinar has been funded by the Australian Government Department of Social Services. Go to the Department of Social Services website for more information.
Janet Klees is the Executive Director of the Durham Association for Family Respite Services, a family-centred, SRV-anchored resource and support centre for families interested in building good, ordinary lives in community for and with their family members with disability.
Janet has spoken many times at our events over the years. She is a popular presenter because of her ability to communicate the nuances of supporting people with disability to enjoy the good things of life.