Start: Tue 01 Dec, 2020 17:45End: Tue 01 Dec, 2020 19:30
A School To Work Webinar for Students in Years 11 and 12
Have you thought about what your son or daughter with disability will do when they finish school?
The School to Work series of free webinars and workshops aims to inspire, increase the confidence of, and motivate students with disability and their families about work.
About the two Webinars for Years 11 and 12
There are two webinars in this introductory series:
- Tuesday, November 24 – Finding Work – Getting Started
- Tuesday, December 1 – Finding Work – The Next Steps
Additional free webinars and workshops will be held in 2021.
In these webinars you will learn about:
- Learnings from work experience – where to next?
- Developing a resume and getting your pitch right
- Creating your own work – customised employment and microenterprise
The virtual doors will be open from 5:45 PM and the webinar will begin promptly at 6:00 PM.
Register Once to Attend Both Webinars
Register for Getting Started (Tuesday, November 24) and you’ll automatically be registered to attend The Next Steps (Tuesday, December 1).
Will There Be A Replay?
Yes, a replay will be available, but only to people who register. The replay will be available for seven days, so you can watch or rewatch the webinar at your convenience.
This webinar will not be added to the publicly-available resources on our website.
Not Located in the ACT?
You are very welcome to register for this event, no matter where you are located. Please note that some information in these webinars may be specific to the Australian Capital Territory. You might also be interested in the webinars run by our partner organisations:
- Webinars run by Resourcing Inclusive Communities (Family Advocacy) in New South Wales
- Webinars run by CRU (Community Resource Unit) in Queensland
This project is being provided as part of the Community Inclusion Capacity Development program through The Department of Social Services.