Start: Wed 27 Oct, 2021 08:30End: Thu 28 Oct, 2021 17:30
Presented by: Milton Tyree, Sue Robertson, John Armstrong, Janet Klees, Hugh Mackay, Sarah Humpheys, and many more!
We all want the Good Life, for ourselves and for the people we care about.
But, traditionally, people with disability have been sequestered and denied access to (or given a watered-down version of) many of the things that make life meaningful, interesting, and fun.
So this conference is all about identifying the things that make life good and how to ensure that people with disability have access to these. It will focus on strategies that create wonderfully ordinary lives for people with disability.
The conference will unashamedly share high expectations. You’ll see countless examples of people with disability who
- have chosen an ordinary life path
- hold meaningful and valued roles
- participate in and contribute to their local communities with the right support
We’ve invited an exciting group of local, national and international speakers to join us to share their insights, stories, and best practice methods. Expect to come away with plenty of actionable ideas!
Two full days of virtual learning
- 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM both days
- An online conference with lots of breaks!
- Plus access to three pre-conference webinars
Registration provides participants with access to the two-day conference plus three pre-conference webinars:
- Monday, 18 October –Pre-conference webinar – Inclusive Education with Sarah Humphreys
- Thursday, 21 October – Pre-conference webinar – Customised Employment with Milton Tyree
- Monday, 25 October – Pre-conference webinar – Relationships with Janet Klees
- Wednesday, 27 October – Get That Good Life! Conference Day 1
- Thursday, 28 October – Get That Good Life! Conference, Day 2
We are thrilled to be able to offer free conference registration as it is fully funded by the Australian Government Department of Social Services through an Individual Capacity Building grant.
This conference is part of Imagine More’s Typical Pathway’s Initiative Project that aims to provide people with disability, families and allies with stories of what is possible and information to give people with disability the best chance to live a life with meaningful participation and contribution through valued roles and relationships.
While recordings of most presentations will be available after the event, we’d still love to see as many people as possible attending the conference on the two days. You’ll be able to ask speakers your questions in real-time, and you’ll get to watch some presentations that will not be recorded.
TQI Accreditation for ACT Teachers
- Principal, Lead, Highly Accomplished, Proficient, and Graduate
- Accredited Hours – 10 (or part thereof)
We hope to see you at this exciting virtual conference experience!
Milton Tyree, Sue Robertson, John Armstrong, Janet Klees, Hugh Mackay, Sarah Humpheys, and many more!
See the full list of conference speakers, their topics, and more on our detailed conference page.