Start: Fri 27 Oct, 2023 14:00End: Thu 30 Nov, 2023 17:00
Location: Online, via Zoom
Planning for personalised learning is an essential aspect of inclusive education provision. It’s a process that supports schools to maximise students’ learning outcomes and wellbeing.
The planning process focuses on providing access to and participation in high-quality education so that all students are
- included in the regular curriculum alongside peers
- empowered to contribute and learn across all schooling experiences.
On Friday, 27 October, School Inclusion Consultant Loren Swancutt presented an online workshop about personalised learning. In this workshop, Loren
- focused on the purpose of personalised learning, including the link to the requirements of the Disability Standards for Education (DSE)
- explained inclusive practices
- shared examples of developing personalised learning plans
- provided examples of helpful learning plans and
- shared links to recommended resources and follow-up readings.
For a short time only, the workshop replay is available to watch on demand.
Workshop replay details
- This is a free replay event
- The replay will be housed in a secure online portal
- When you register, you’ll receive an email containing instructions about logging into the portal
- The workshop recording will undergo some light editing before it will be available in the portal. Therefore, the replay will be available to watch from Tuesday, 31 October, at 5:00 pm AEDT.
- You’ll be able to watch the replay on demand.
- This replay event closes on Thursday, 30 November, at 5:00 pm AEDT.
If you’re interested in inclusive education, please register for the replay of Loren’s other workshop
- Including every student with Universal Design.
- Access to this replay closes on Thursday, 16 November, at 5:00 pm AEDT
- Learn more and register here.
About Loren Swancutt
- Consultant, School Inclusion
- Co-founder and National Convenor, School Inclusion Network for Educators (SINE)
- Co-founder and Board Chair of Inclusive Educators Australia (IEA)
- Doctoral candidate at the Queensland University of Technology (QUT)
- Research student member of the Centre for Inclusive Education (C4IE)
Loren is an accomplished classroom teacher and school leader committed to advancing inclusive education in Australia. She has been a teacher and school leader in primary and secondary school settings. She designed and led successful whole-school inclusive reform at a complex and challenging high school.
Loren has advised at a system level to enhance the capabilities of school leaders and teachers to create more inclusive schools across both Catholic and government school systems.
Loren is highly regarded for her innovative work in
- Universal Design for Learning (UDL)
- inclusive curriculum provision, and
- instructional practices that support students with complex learning profiles.