Your Voice Your Choice presents
Fostering Inclusive Pathways
Developing and Holding a Vision for Inclusion & Valued Roles
Presenter: Deb Rouget
10-11 March 2016
Southern Cross Club, Corinna St Woden
What We Will Cover
This two-day course is a learning event for families who are serious about exploring and discovering opportunities for welcome, contribution and connection that abound within our communities for individuals with a disability. This workshop will assist participants to imagine and plan for more inclusive and typical opportunities and community pathways. It will include topics such as:
- The importance of belonging, social inclusion and valued roles
- The dis-connectors and connectors!
- Building a context and vision for a fulfilling and inclusive life
- Discovering and harnessing potential, gifts, interests and passions
- Practical strategies that enhance, enable and strengthen community pathways
- Circles of support & the Art of Asking!
- Stories about people who are enjoying a life well connected to the community
Who This Workshop Is For
This course is specifically designed for family members, carers, friends of people with a disability, who are interested in developing socially inclusive lives for their loved one with a disability.
About The Presenter
Deb Rouget is the CEO of Belonging Matters. For nearly 30 years, Deb has been involved in the lives of people with a disability and their families. During this time she has gained much practical experience and wisdom about what separates and marginalises people, what brings people together and the value of roles, contribution and community. Deb believes that fostering inclusion and neighbourhood is up to all of us!