An exciting opportunity to create social change!
Join our small and passionate team, and make a difference by helping people with disability to
- Imagine their ideal place to call home
- Explore options beyond the traditional “choices” of remaining in the family home or moving into a group home
- Plan to enjoy a living arrangement that they themselves have designed and chosen.
About The Project
Imagine More is working with a consortium of like-minded Australian organisations on an exciting project about Home.
This Project is important because the options for living arrangements offered to people with disability are often limited and limiting. Traditional models such as group homes remain the default for people with disability when they leave the family home. Residents of group homes often have little autonomy and don’t usually get to make important decisions such as with who, where, and how they live.
Our Project aims to
- deepen people’s knowledge about Independent Living Options
- help more people with disability to move into a living arrangement of their design and choosing.
Your Role as Project Coordinator
You will walk alongside families and individuals with disability. You’ll help them explore models such as co-residency, host arrangements, living with flatmates, or living alone.
You will also support people to
- Understand the funding options available to support them to live in their own home
- Identify opportunities to build connections with people in their neighbourhood
- Find valued roles within their local community
Your work will be delivered through
- One-to-one and small group consultations
- Peer-to-peer meetings
- Resources that you’ll codesign with consortium partners
You’ll be joining our team on a fixed-term contract commencing late April early May 2021. You’ll work 20-30 hours per week (by negotiation), with the flexibility to work some hours from home. And your remuneration will be based on the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services (SCHADS) Industry Award 2010 and your experience.
About Imagine More
Imagine More is a grassroots, family-led organisation based in Canberra. Our Vision is of a community where everyone is included, valued and contributing in meaningful roles.
We focus daily on empowering individuals, families and the community to become inspired, motivated and capable of ensuring people with disability
- hold valued social roles
- develop meaningful relationships and
- live typical lives in their communities.
Your applications must address each criterion.
- A commitment to the full inclusion of people with disability
- An understanding of what inclusion looks like in the context of home
- Demonstrated capability of working with and listening to people with disability and families
- An understanding of the concept of home
- Sound knowledge of what might need to be considered to support a person with disability to live in a home of their own
- Experience in organising, promoting and facilitating events such as webinars, workshops and conferences including developing and presenting workshop content
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Experience with Microsoft software and Google drive
- Capacity to occasionally travel interstate
- Capacity to occasionally work weekends and evenings
- Lived experience of disability and inclusion
- Exposure to Social Role Valorisation (SRV) or willingness to deepen learning about SRV theory and practice.
- You’ll be working at our lovely office in Dickson, ACT, with some opportunity to work from home
- 20-30 per week (negotiable)
- May 2021
- 0.6-0.8 FTE (22.8-30.4 hrs/week) to October 2022
- Extension possible, depending on availability of funding
- Negotiable according to experience
- Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services (SCHADS) Industry Award 2010
- Salary packaging available on request.
Application Closing Date
- Tuesday, April 27 at 5:00 PM AEST
How to Apply
- Email your complete applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Use the subject line: Individualised Living Options Project Coordinator – Application
Your application must include the following:
- Cover letter
- A letter addressing all selection criteria
- Your full resume
- Please provide two work-related referees
For more information, please email either
- Anne Keep – email@example.com
- Jacki Kearslake – firstname.lastname@example.org