Imagine More is looking for people who self manage an NDIS plan who are seeking to hire staff to be involved in our Roles Based Recruitment Project.
Finding the right support worker for people living with a disability is challenging. Not enough workers are entering the sector and the demographic of a disability support worker is predominately female, older and of Anglo-Australian background and therefore, not as diverse as the clients they support.
Recruiting support staff for a particular role as opposed to a general role may help attract people into the sector who would otherwise not consider working as a DSW. It is likely that those recruited would be from a wider demographic: for example, people might be recruited into the role of sports coach, a communications mentor or job coach. These specialised roles would enable people living with a disability to effectively develop skills and have a clear purpose in supporting a person to achieve their goals.
Focusing on employing support workers with an emphasis on goal-orientated support would provide clearer role guidance and is expected to lead to higher job retention. Better understanding of the characteristics wanted in a support worker could also lead to a shift in the way providers recruit staff. This is particularly the case as providers look at ways to develop their business model in a competitive market.
This project has been funded by National Disability Services ACT Workforce Impact Collective (WIC) which aims to increase choice and control of people living with disability by improving the quality, capacity and sustainability of the ACT disability workforce. That involves improving how the workforce is attracted,retained and sustained.
How we can help you
We will work with you to
- Develop and publish a job advertisment
- Shortlist and interview candidates
- Identify payroll arrangements
- Induct candidates
Expectations of you
In exchange for the above support we expect that you will
- Uphold the values of inclusion
- Give us some of your time and energy to work with us to codesign recruitment and induction resources (approximately 10 hours over 5 months).
Other Ways to Get Involved
You may also like to
- Become a member of the Project Steering Group – Manages issues and risks associated with timeliness, quality, scope and cost of the project and ensuring the project meets it’s objectives.
- Become a member of the Project Reference Group – Provides advice on the design and implementation of project deliverables
If you are interested in being a participant and getting help with recruitment or you would like to become involved in either of these committees, fill in the expression of interest form or get in touch with email@example.com