Session 3 of the Let’s Get To Work Virtual Conference | June 25, 2020
On this page you’ll find
- A summary of the conference session
- A video replay – coming soon
- Transcript of the session – coming soon
- Resources mentioned during the session
- Speaker biography
Session 3 Resources
- Participant Employment Strategy – sets out the NDIA’s vision, commitment and action plan for supporting NDIS participants to find and maintain meaningful employment
- Let’s Talk About Work – on this page you can download a booklet which helps you get ready for your conversation about work. You can record key information about your work capacity, strengths, barriers and challenges. You can also record any previous experience at other jobs or volunteering and list some of the skills you have that would help you get a job.
- NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission – an independent agency established to improve the quality and safety of NDIS supports and services
Director, NDIA Employment Outcomes Branch, National Disability Insurance Agency
Jeannie is a director in the National Disability Insurance Agency Economic Outcomes Branch. She has deep knowledge of the scheme, having commenced in the Agency in May 2013 at the trial site in Geelong.
Building on 15 years experience as a DES provider with CRS Australia, Jeannie is guiding NDIS policy and practice to support participants to exercise their right to work. She is particularly interested in promoting the implementation of the National Disability Insurance Scheme Participant Employment Strategy, including expanding the vision of supported employment.