Self-Employing Under the NDIS Workshop
Key Presenters: Linda Hughes and Catherine Mahony
10.00am-1.00pm Friday 3 July 2015
Rheinberger Conference Centre, Cnr Weston and Loch Streets Yarralumla
At this workshop you will learn about:
- The benefits and challenges of Self-Employing under the NDIS
- How and where to advertise in order to find the right people
- The practicalities of Self-Employing: insurance, workers compensation, superannuation etc
- Linda’s “Back of the Envelope” system for calculating hourly rates
- How to maintain good working relationships your team
- Organisations and resources in the ACT that can help you to Self- Employ.
Catherine and Linda have a wealth of experience from the Hunter NDIS trial site. Catherine has been experiencing the benefits of directing her own supports for the first time under a shared management arrangement. Linda managed her son’s supports on his behalf for many years through shared management and is now self-managing and directly employing her son’s support workers.
Supported by ACT NDIS taskforce with funding from the commonwealth government sector development fund.
This event is FREE to attend but registration is required.