Self-Managing Under the NDIS Workshop
Presenters: Linda Hughes and Catherine Mahony
6.30-9.00pm Thursday 2 July 2015
Rheinberger Conference Centre, Cnr Weston and Loch Streets Yarralumla
At this workshop you will learn about:
- The benefits and challenges of Self-managing under the NDIS
- Putting your plan into action: how to get started and what you need to know to self-manage.
- First-hand experiences of self-managing in the Hunter and ACT trial sites
- Local organisations and resources to assist with self-managing
- Shared-management: how to work effectively with service providers without losing control
- The NDIS Participant Portal and how to process claims
Catherine and Linda have a wealth of experience from the Hunter NDIS trial site. Catherine has been experiencing the benefits of directing her own supports for the first time under a shared management arrangement. Linda managed her son’s supports on his behalf for many years through shared management and is now self-managing and directly employing her son’s support workers.
Supported by ACT NDIS taskforce with funding from the commonwealth government sector development fund.