We are now running monthly peer support groups for families wanting to set up and run a circle of support, seek an inclusive education setting or who are self managing their NDIS plans.
Circle of Support Peer Support Group
A circle of support is a group of family and friends that gather around a person with a disability to help them achieve their good life goals.
Date: First Tuesday of the month, starting Tuesday September 4
Time: 6:30pm – 8:30pm
Venue: Next Gen Health Club – 1 Riggall Place, Lyneham ACT 2602
Light supper provided
Getting a circle up and running can be challenging so we’ve set up a peer support group where families can share ideas around how to:
- Find and ask people to join the circle
- Running circle meetings
- Setting goals and working together to achieve them
- Networking with others in the community to develop ideas and bring about opportunities
- And more
Self managing NDIS supports Peer Support Group
Share ideas and learn how to effectively and responsibly manage your NDIS supports without being overcome by exhaustion.
Date: Last Friday of the month
Time: 10am – 12 midday
Venue: EQ Cafe and Lounge – 70 Dent Street Deakin
Morning tea provided
We’ll be covering topics like how to:
- Make decisions about purchasing supports so the costs of the support give you value-for-money, and can be met within your budget.
- Set up systems to reduce the administrative overload
- Meet obligations as an employer if you choose to employ staff directly.
- Show how funding is used towards reaching goals at planning meetings
- And More
Inclusive Education Campaign Group
This gathering will offer time for you to connect and find support from other families on the journey of inclusive education and work together on a systemic campaign.
Date: Our first gathering will be Friday September 14th and then on the 3rd Friday of every month
Time: 5:30pm – 7:30pm
Venue: EQ Cafe and Lounge, 70 Dent Street Deakin
Drinks and tapas provided