In 2022, our Inclusive Education Peer Group will bring together families who would like to pursue or are already pursuing an authentic inclusive education. The group is relevant for families of students at all levels of education and those yet to start school.
We will be inviting guest speakers who will share their expertise on strategies to support inclusion. There will be time for questions and discussions between members and our guest speaker.
We plan to spend each alternate peer group meeting reflecting on the previous guest speaker’s topic. Expect an in-depth discussion and an opportunity to share your thoughts and stories. There will also be time to troubleshoot. Family members with first-hand experience facing the obstacles to true inclusion for their children will be invited to these discussion meetings. Their stories and experiences will help us to see what is possible.
Dates and Times
This group will meet at 12:30 – 1:30 PM on the first Thursday of each month from March to December.
Meeting dates are:
- 3 March
- 7 April
- 5 May
- 2 June
- 7 July
- 4 August
- 1 September
- 6 October
- 3 November
- 1 December
Join the Inclusive Education Peer Support Group
Please note there are limited places in this peer group so we are currently seeking expressions of interest. Places will be allocated based on the following criteria:
- those who are actively pursuing inclusive education for their child
- those who have attended previous Inclusive Education workshops and peer groups
- those who reside in the ACT and the surrounding region, and
- those who can commit to attending each session*
Please note that peer sessions are not recorded. The only way to take part is via live attendance.
*We understand that sometimes unexpected absences will occur; however, please only apply if you are confident you can attend each peer group session. We will follow up personally with any peer group member that misses two consecutive sessions. If they can no longer commit to monthly meetings, we will offer their place to the next person on the waitlist.
About the Inclusive Education Peer Group
- Meeting facilitators: Anne Keep and Erosha Bakmiwewa
- Meetings are free to attend, thanks to Department of Social Services funding
- All peer sessions are virtual meetings using the Zoom platform
- You will receive an email reminder and Zoom link before each session
- Peer group meetings not be recorded for viewing at alternate times (no replay will be available)
- If you have any questions about the Peer Group, please get in touch with Anne (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Erosha (email@example.com)
- The Peer Group will meet 12:30 – 1:30 PM on the first Thursday of each month from March to November. All meetings will be held online via Zoom.
You may also be interested in our upcoming online self-directed workshop about Inclusive Education. More details coming soon.