“Dream Big, Start Small, Act Now”
9th August 2017, 6.30–8.30 pm
ACT Youth Coalition, O’Connor, Canberra 6:30pm – 8:30pm
What does it mean to have a Vision for your family member with a disability?
Dreams for the future do not need to be defined by a disability – an ordinary life is accessible to all of us.
A positive, well-articulated Vision is a path to the good things in life that we all want: close family, friends, meaningful work with valued contribution, places we feel a sense of belonging.
What you will learn:
- How to craft a Vision that is unique to your family member
- Focusing on strengths and interests
- Choosing typical pathways based on what is characteristic for same-aged peers
- How to find the supports needed to realise the Vision
- Planning for the NDIS based on your Vision
- Success stories from those who have lived their dream
Karen Caldwell, Adrienne Gault, and Jan Kruger
Date: 9th August 2017 (Wednesday)
Time: 6.30–8.30 pm
Venue: ACT Youth Coalition, 46 Clianthus Street, O’Connor
One on one consultation will be available at a time convenient to you after this workshop to help you develop a clear Vision
This event is part of the Imagine More ILC initiative funded by the National Disability Insurance Scheme. For more information visit http://www.ndis.gov.au