Every one-two years we organise a conference with a theme that is relevant to people with disability. It is an opportunity for like-minded people to come together to learn, rejuvenate, motivate and connect. We invite local, national and international speakers including
- people with disability
- their families, supporters, and champions
- representatives from aligned organisations
- authorities in the inclusion space
- education, health, and other professionals
- representatives of local government and organisations such as the National Disability Insurance Agency
- representatives of organisations that support people with disability and their families
2021 – Get That Good Life! Conference – Registration Now Open
But, traditionally, people with disability have been denied access to (or given a watered-down version of) many of the things that make life meaningful, interesting, and fun.
So this conference is all about identifying the things that make life good and how to ensure that people with disability have access to these. It will focus on strategies that create wonderfully ordinary lives for people with disability.
We’ve invited an exciting group of local, national and international speakers to join us to share their insights, stories, and best practice methods. Expect to come away with plenty of actionable ideas!
Registration provides participants with access to the following:
- Monday, 18 October – Pre-conference webinar – Inclusive Education with Sarah Humphreys
- Thursday, 21 October – Pre-conference webinar – Customised Employment with Milton Tyree
- Monday, 25 October – Pre-conference webinar – Relationships with Janet Klees
- Wednesday, 27 October – Conference Day 1 – A day filled with virtual events
- Thursday, 28 October – Conference Day 2 – A day filled with virtual events
- An online portal to watch the events and the replays
We hope you can join us for this exciting, free, virtual event.
Explore Our Past Conferences
2020 – Let’s Get To Work Virtual Conference
Exploring innovation in employment for people with disability This was our first virtual conference, held during the COVID-19 pandemic. Over 680 people from across the globe registered to attend the event. which was held over six weeks.
2018 – The National Inclusion Conference
Held in Canberra in May 2018, the theme of this conference was inclusion. We welcomed many local, national, and international speakers. People with disability and their families shared stories that provided deep insight and reflection on the benefits of inclusion in school, work and life. Striving for inclusion requires courage, resilience, and a clear vision.
2016 – Strengthening Communities Conference – Making the Most of the NDIS
This was Imagine More’s third conference, held in Canberra in August 2016. We chose this theme because communities are stronger when people with a disability are valued participants.
2014 – Success in Transitions Conference
Held in Canberra in November 2014, this conference focused on the power of change.
2013 – An Ordinary Life
Our inaugural conference, held in November 2013 in Canberra. We examined current and future opportunities for vulnerable people to live an ordinary life.