Each month, Imagine More facilitates Peer Support Group gatherings on four topics:
- Imagining Home
- Inclusive education
- Self-managing NDIS
We welcome people with disability, their families and supporters, to take part. The purpose of each group is to help people with disability to enjoy The Good Life. Each group provides an opportunity for discussion, sharing, troubleshooting, and celebrating.
You are invited to join us. It doesn’t matter if you are very new to the journey or a seasoned traveller. We can all learn something from others and give and receive support.
You are welcome to join as many groups as you wish. There is no cost, but you must register to join. Once you sign up, you’ll receive notification of the upcoming dates and topics via email.
In this time of COVID-19, we conduct all meetings on the Zoom platform.
Join A Peer Group
Employment Peer Support Group
It’s often difficult for people with intellectual disability or autism to find meaningful employment. That’s why we’ve set up a Peer Support Group specifically about Employment.
This peer group supports families striving to find meaningful work for their family member with disability.
Imagining Home Peer Support Group
This peer group supports families striving to help their family member with disability find a place to call home.
Join us once a month to connect with other families who are on the same journey. Listen to our guest speakers; learn from, share with and be supported by like-minded peers.
Inclusive Education Peer Support Group
It can be difficult to know what steps to take to achieve the goal of inclusive education. It can be hard to find reliable information, let alone the tactics that work.
What’s helped us is connecting with peers, people who are travelling the same path. That’s why we established a peer support group about Inclusive Education.
Self-Managing NDIS Peer Support Group
Self-managing NDIS funding can feel daunting at first. But you don’t have to figure it out all on your own.
Join our virtual peer group sessions over lunch each month. Everyone is welcome. We can all learn from each other. Hear from guest speakers, connect with other families, and feel supported.
About the Peer Groups
- We meet once a month on a set day and time for up to 75 minutes
- Meetings are facilitated by Imagine More
- Meetings are free to attend, thanks to funding from the Department of Social Services.
- We will meet virtually on Zoom
- Sometimes we will have guest speakers, sometimes we will talk as a group.
- You can choose whether to appear on camera or whether to speak. You are welcome to listen until you are ready to share.
- You will receive an email reminder and Zoom link a few days before each session. Please RSVP so that we know you’ll be joining us each month.
- Guest speakers may be recorded. Sometimes this recording will be uploaded to our website, but only if it meets our strict privacy criteria
- Participant discussion will not be recorded. There will not be a replay of the meeting.