It’s often difficult for people with intellectual disability or autism to find meaningful employment. That’s why we established the Employment Peer Support Group. It’s for families supporting their sons and daughters with developmental disability to
- find work experience opportunities
- find paid casual or part-time work while still at school
- establish their own microenterprise
- find meaningful customised open employment.
Our Vision for Employment for People with Disability
Imagine More believes that all people with disability can work.
To find meaningful work, we must first:
- understand who the person is
- identify their strengths, attributes and interests
- match these to a job or business idea that has the right conditions for success
- identify the best person to mentor the person in their job
Imagine More believes that we should not congregate people in the workplace based on their disability.
This peer group only focuses on strategies that will assist families to find work for their sons and daughters in regular work roles. Together we’ll figure out what supports they need to succeed.
Dates and Times
This Group meets on the following Thursdays from 5:00 – 6:00 PM
- February 4, 2021
- April 1, 2021
- June 3, 2021
- August 5, 2021
- October 7, 2021
Join the Employment Peer Support Group Priority Notification List
This Peer Group has reached capacity. If you’d like to get priority notification when we start a new Employment Peer Group, please add your name and email to our waiting list.
About this Peer Group
- We meet for 60 minutes from 5:00 PM
- Meetings facilitators are Jan Kruger and Fiona McIntosh
- Meetings are free to attend, thanks to DSS funding
- All peer session are virtual meetings using the Zoom platform
- You can choose whether to appear on camera or whether to speak. You are welcome to listen until you are ready to share.
- You will receive an email reminder and Zoom link the day before each session. Please RSVP so that we know you’ll be joining us.
- Participant discussion will not be recorded
- There will not be a replay of meetings
- If you have any questions about the Peer Group, please contact Fiona at email@example.com
What happens when you register?
- Your name and email will be added to our database
- You’ll receive a password to the Employment Peer Group Member’s page. This is where you’ll find resources, notes and a link to the Zoom meeting room
- We will send you reminders about Employment Peer Group sessions before each event
- We will send you notes and resources from the Peer Group after the session
- You will also receive general newsletters from Imagine More. Please let us know if you’d prefer not to receive these.
- You can unsubscribe at any time