Is your son or daughter exploring options for work, including
- work experience
- open employment
- setting up a microenterprise?
It’s often difficult for people with intellectual disability or autism to find meaningful employment. We have a different vision of employment for people with disability. That’s why we’ve set up a Peer Support Group specifically about Employment.
This peer group supports families striving to find meaningful work for their family member with disability.
Join us once a month for a virtual happy hour starting at 5:00 PM. Listen to our guest speakers; learn from, share with and be supported by like-minded peers.
Join the Employment Peer Support Group
Our peer groups are free to attend but you must first register to get the Zoom room link and to receive notifications. You only need to register once to attend every session.
Wednesday, September 30, 2020
5:00 – 6:15 PM
This session will be a general discussion within the group. We will work through ideas, concerns and share where people are up to with regards to their family member seeking, establishing or maintaining their employment.
Wednesday, October 28, 2020
5:00 – 6:15 PM
Learn the process of doing a task analysis within a workplace to give a person the best chance of success in starting a new job.
Wednesday, November 25, 2020
5:00 – 6:15 PM
This session will provide examples of how to implement a task analysis. We will also describe how to plan to fade the support where possible
About the Peer Group
- We meet once a month on a Wednesday
- We meet for 75 minutes from 5:00 PM
- Meetings facilitators are Michelle Stuckey and Jan Kruger
- Meetings are free to attend, thanks to NDIA funding
- During the COVID crisis, we will have virtual meetings using the Zoom platform
- Sometimes we will have guest speakers, sometimes we will talk as a group.
- You can choose whether to appear on camera or whether to speak. You are welcome to listen until you are ready to share.
- You will receive an email reminder and Zoom link the day before each session. Please RSVP so that we know you’ll be joining us each month. The size of the group makes a difference in how it is facilitated.
- We will sometimes record the presentations of our guest speakers. These recordings will be available to watch on our website.
- Participant discussion will not be recorded
- There will not be a replay of meetings
- If you have any questions about the Peer Group, please contact Michelle at firstname.lastname@example.org
What happens when you register?
- Your name and email will be added to our database
- We will send you reminders about Employment Peer Group sessions before each event
- We will send you notes and resources from the Peer Group after the session
- You will also receive general newsletters from Imagine More. Please let us know if you’d prefer not to receive these.
- You can unsubscribe at any time