Workshops on Topics That Are Relevant to People With Disability
We run workshops on many different topics throughout the year. It’s something that we really enjoy doing. There’s nothing quite like a workshop for
- learning about a topic of interest
- acquiring useful skills and tactics
- being inspired to take action
- meeting and connecting with others who are on the same journey.
In the past, we’ve welcomed local, national and international speakers, including:
- people with disability
- their families, supporters and champions
- representatives from aligned organisations
- authorities in the inclusion space
- education, health and other professionals
- representatives of local government and organisations such as the National Disability Insurance Agency
- representatives of organisations that support people with disability and their families
Workshops During the COVID-19 Pandemic
Before March 2020, our workshops were exclusively face-to-face. This was the only way we knew how to conduct workshops! We all enjoy having a cup of tea and sharing a story in the breaks with old friends and new.
But in early 2020 the coronavirus pandemic forced us to rethink our approach. All of our 2020 events were held online. People who found it difficult to leave home or work to attend live were able to watch the recorded replay. We discovered that our virtual workshops have a larger audience. We welcomed people from across Australia and around the globe. But we genuinely missed the connection that is only possible in a live workshop.
Workshops in 2021
This year we are hoping to be able to return to live workshops. Each one will have strictly limited seats and will comply with COVID-safe regulations. If Canberra is required to go into lockdown, our back-up plan is to host the workshops online.
We can’t wait to see old friends and new in our upcoming live workshops.
We’ve conducted workshops about
- Inclusive Education
- Social Role Valorisation (SRV)
- Finding Employment
- Self-managing NDIS
- Circles of Support
- Creating a Vision
- Building Relationships
- Finding mentors an support workers
You’ll find all our workshops and other upcoming events in the events section. We look forward to seeing you at one of our events soon.