We strengthen families and enhance communities
Imagine More is a change agency advocacy group with perseverance, integrity and connections. We aim to Strengthen Families and Enhance Communities.
Imagine More believes in a strong connected community where individuals with a disability hold socially valued roles, have strong relationships and are constantly exploring what is possible. Imagine More embraces the opportunity to inspire, resource and motivate individuals with a disability and their families to discover better life chances for individuals so that they can live an ordinary life.
We are families that want an ordinary life for our children.
A community where everyone is included, valued and contributing in meaningful roles.
To empower individuals, families and the community to become inspired, motivated and capable of ensuring people with disability hold valued social roles, develop meaningful relationships and live typical lives in their communities.
What we want to see for individuals with disability and their families
- Raised expectations of what can be possible in the lives of people with disability
- Meaningful roles that help people attain the good things of life: being a friend, school student, team
member, employee, business owner, home maker, lifelong learner
- Increased motivation and confidence to strive for a typical and valued life for people with disability
- Broader networks leading to healthy interconnectedness that we all rely on in order to thrive
- Leadership in their own lives and in their community
What We Do
- Biannual conference
- Topic-based workshops
- Inclusive Education
- Developing a Vision
- Work Roles For Teenagers
- Setting Up A Bunch Of Mates
- Advocacy Skills
- Social Role Valorization events
- Towards a Better Life
- Great Expectations: An Essential Key to Success
- Bunch of Mates (Circles at schools) mentoring.
- Working one person at a time -Using a roles based planning approach
- Support in creating a clear vision for the future
- Preparation for meetings
- Walking alongside families and schools towards inclusion using a positive approach
- Develop Family Leadership