A supportive group of like-minded families pursuing an inclusive education for their children with disability. We welcome people who share our vision of authentic, inclusive education for students with disability.
Our Inclusive Education Peer Group brings together families who want to pursue or are already pursuing an authentic inclusive education. We welcome families of students at all levels of education and those yet to start school.
In this peer group, members share their experiences, lean on each other through challenges, and celebrate successes.
The members’ interests determine the topics for meetings. Sometimes, we will invite guest speakers to share their expertise and experiences. Other sessions will consist of discussion and reflection amongst group members.
We believe in the power of working with one family at a time towards achieving real change. Sometimes, we see changes for the student and their family, those around them, and those who follow.
Comments from past members of the Inclusive Education Peer Group
“It is always interesting how everyone is on different parts of the same journey.”
“It’s given me valuable ideas on how to get my son more involved within his school community.”
“We are not alone, and the system is challenging for all, and there are great organisations like Imagine More who encourage you to dream big and keep trying.”
“I think the facilitation is fantastic. There is just the right amount of guidance, prompting, information sharing, and keeping people on-topic and focused.”
“The support system is invaluable. That is, knowing you will be heard in a safe environment and that there will be encouragement and/or advice. The knowledge of the facilitators is always welcome and wonderful.”
About the Inclusive Education Peer Group
Dates and times
This group will meet from 12:00 to 1:00 pm on the third Thursday of each month.
Confirmed meeting dates for 2024 are:
- Thursday, 18 January 2024
- Thursday, 15 February 2024
- Thursday, 14 March 2024 (new date to accommodate a workshop about inclusive education on Thursday, 21 March)
- Thursday, 18 April 2024
- Thursday, 16 May 2024
- Thursday, 20 June 2024
The Inclusive Education Peer Group meets online via Zoom.
Other important details
- Meeting facilitators: Erosha Bakmiwewa and Anne Keep
- Meetings are free to attend, thanks to Department of Social Services funding
- You will receive an email reminder and Zoom link before each session
- We don’t record peer group discussions. The only way to take part is via live attendance.
- If you have any questions about the Peer Group, please get in touch with Anne (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Erosha (email@example.com)
Allocation of places
Please note there are limited places in this peer group, so we are currently seeking expressions of interest. Places will be allocated to people who
- are actively pursuing inclusive education for their child
- have attended previous Inclusive Education workshops and peer groups
- reside in the ACT and the surrounding region, and
- can commit to attending each session*
*We understand that unexpected absences will sometimes occur. Please only apply if you are confident you can attend most peer group sessions.