Does your family member with disability want to move out of the family home and into their own place? Whether it’s an apartment shared with friends or a place all to themselves, there are many decisions to be made and thoughtful planning necessary.
We have a vision for imagining home for people with disability. That’s why we’ve set up a Peer Support Group specifically about Imagining Home.
This peer group supports families striving to help their family member with disability find a place to call home.
Join us once a month to connect with other families who are on the same journey. Listen to our guest speakers; learn from, share with and be supported by like-minded peers.
Our peer groups are free to attend but you must first register so that you receive notifications.
Join the Imagining Home Peer Support Group
Monday, October 19, 2020
5:00 – 6:15 PM
Ruth Faragher will share her story of moving out of the family home. Ruth is 25, a child care worker and has Down syndrome. Rhonda, Ruth’s mother will also join our conversation. She will tell us what worked best to support Ruth’s smooth transition into her new place and the importance of freely given relationships.
Monday, November 16, 2020
5:00 – 6:15 PM
An ILO story (details TBA)
About the Peer Group
- We meet once a month on a Monday
- We meet for 75 minutes from 12:30 PM
- Meetings facilitators are Michelle Stuckey and Jan Kruger
- Meetings are free to attend, thanks to Department of Social Services funding
- All peer session are virtual meetings using the Zoom platform
- Sometimes we will have guest speakers, sometimes we will talk as a group.
- You can choose whether to appear on camera or whether to speak. You are welcome to listen until you are ready to share.
- You will receive an email reminder and Zoom link before each session. Please RSVP so that we know you’ll be joining us each month. The size of the group makes a difference in how it is facilitated.
- We will sometimes record the presentations of our guest speakers. These recordings will be available to watch on our website.
- Participant discussion will not be recorded
- There will not be a replay of meetings
- If you have any questions about the Peer Group, please contact Michelle at email@example.com
What happens when you complete this form?
- Your name and email will be added to our database
- We will send you reminders about Employment Peer Group sessions before each event
- You will also receive general newsletters from Imagine More. Please let us know if you’d prefer not to receive these
- You can unsubscribe at any time