Does your family member with disability want to move out of the family home and into their own place? Whether it’s an apartment shared with friends or a place all to themselves, this can take a lot of thought and planning.
This peer group supports families striving to help their family member with disability find a place to call home.
Our Vision for Home for People with Disability
Imagine More does not endorse the congregated model of housing where strangers are expected to live together just because they have a disability. This includes group homes or cluster housing.
We believe that people with disability should have a home
- that reflects who they are
- that is embedded in neighbourhood and community
- where they can let their guard down
- in which they feel safe
- where they can relax and entertain
- and live with housemates of their choosing or by themselves
Wherever you are on your Imagining Home journey, join us to connect with other families who have a similar vision. Learn from, share with and be supported by like-minded peers.
Dates and Times
This Group meets on Zoom on the following Tuesdays for an early virtual lunch from 12:00 – 1:00 PM
- February 16, 2021
- April 20, 2021
- June 15, 2021
- August 17, 2021
- October 19, 2021
Join the Imagining Home Peer Support Group
This Peer Group has reached capacity. If you’d like to get priority notification when we start a new Employment Peer Group, please add your name and email to our waiting list.
About the Peer Group
- We meet for 60 minutes from 12:00 PM
- Meeting facilitator: Jan Kruger
- Meetings are free to attend, thanks to Department of Social Services funding
- All peer session are virtual meetings using the Zoom platform
- You can choose whether to appear on camera or whether to speak. You are welcome to listen until you are ready to share.
- You will receive an email reminder and Zoom link before each session. Please RSVP so that we know you’ll be joining us
- Participant discussion will not be recorded
- There will not be a replay of meetings
- If you have any questions about the Peer Group, please contact Anne at email@example.com
What happens when you complete this form?
- Your name and email will be added to our database
- You’ll receive a password to the Imagining Home Peer Group Member’s page. This is where you’ll find resources, notes and a link to the Zoom meeting room
- We will send you reminders about Imagining Home Peer Group sessions before each event
- We will send you notes and resources from the Peer Group after the session
- You will also receive general newsletters from Imagine More. Please let us know if you’d prefer not to receive these.