Learn how to approach a potential employer about customising employment.
This is the second webinar from a two-part webinar series about Job Development featuring Milton Tyree (from Marc Gold & Associates) and Imagine More’s Julia Shumaker and Fiona McIntosh.
In this webinar, Milton, Fiona, and Julia spoke about
Initiating conversations with employers
- The skill of setting initial meetings with employers.
- The best way for families, job developers, and educational institutions to approach potential employers.
- How to clearly convey the essence of Customised Employment to employers.
Gaining employer perspectives
- How to ask potential employers the right questions to better understand their workspace and industry.
- Identifying the signs of a welcoming workplace culture.
Analysing employer needs and proposing work roles
- Confidently identify workplace tasks that align with the person’s interests and are of benefit to the employer.
- Craft a customised job description proposal that addresses the employer’s specific needs and values the person’s contributions.
- Negotiate terms that benefit both parties and handle rejections with grace.
Playing time: 1 hour, 47 minutes
Resources from this presentation
- Learn more about the School to Work project