In this presentation from Linda Hughes you will learn about:
- The benefits and challenges of Self-Employing under the NDIS
- How and where to advertise to find the right people
- The practicalities of Self-Employing: insurance, workers compensation, superannuation etc
- Linda’s “Back of the Envelope” system for calculating hourly rates
- How to maintain good working relationships with your team
- Organisations and resources in the ACT that can help you to self- employ.
Linda Hughes managed her son’s supports on his behalf for many years through shared management. She is now self-managing and directly employing her son’s support workers.
This workshop was developed with the support of the ACT NDIS taskforce with funding from the commonwealth government sector development fund.