This group is for people who
- are curious about self-managing NDIS funding
- have recently started their self-management journey, or
- have been managing their NDIS plan for a while.
We believe the self-management of NDIS funding is the most successful and flexible way to find the best supports to achieve a person’s goals.
But funding on its own doesn’t get a person a good life. Community contribution, meaningful participation and freely-given relationships are just as important. These elements must be considered alongside the practicalities of self-management.
Self-managing NDIS funding can feel daunting at first. But you don’t have to figure it out all on your own.
Join our virtual peer group sessions over lunch each month. Everyone is welcome. We can all learn from each other. Hear from guest speakers, connect with other families, and feel supported.
Please be aware that Imagine More cannot provide referrals to service providers. But as a group, we can provide insights to help you
- understand what to ask for and where to look
- engage the right people to support you or your family member to achieve their goals.
Join the Self-Managing NDIS Peer Support Group
Join our virtual peer group sessions over lunch each month. Hear from guest speakers, connect with other families, and feel supported.
Friday, November 6, 2020
12:30 – 1:45 PM
Plan Renewal, Rollover or Extension… Argh! What does it all mean? Sam Paior from the Growing Space is our guest speaker.
About the Peer Group
- We meet once a month on a Friday
- We meet for 75 minutes from 12:30 PM
- Meetings facilitators are Michelle Stuckey and Jan Kruger
- Meetings are free to attend, thanks to Department of Social Services funding
- All peer session are virtual meetings using the Zoom platform
- Sometimes we will have guest speakers, sometimes we will talk as a group.
- You can choose whether to appear on camera or whether to speak. You are welcome to listen until you are ready to share
- You will receive an email reminder and Zoom link before each session. Please RSVP so that we know you’ll be joining us each month. The size of the group makes a difference in how it is facilitated
- We will sometimes record the presentations of our guest speakers. These recordings will be available to watch on our website
- Participant discussion will not be recorded
- There will not be a replay of meetings
- If you have any questions about the Peer Group, please contact Michelle at email@example.com