Start date: November 2020Completion date: December 2022
Funded by NDIA - Community Inclusion Capacity Development program
This project builds on the NACBO project: My Home, My Design. It aims to deepen people's knowledge about Independent Living Options.
About the Project
This project is a collaboration with other members of the National Alliance of Capacity Building Organisations (NACBO), led by Valued Lives (WA).
The organisations that are contributing to this project are:
- Belonging Matters (VIC)
- Community Resource Unit (CRU) (QLD)
- Family Advocacy (NSW)
- Imagine More (ACT)
- JFA Purple Orange (SA)
- Valued Lives (WA)
This project builds on the NACBO project My Home, My Design. It aims to deepen people’s knowledge about Independent Living Options. To assist individuals to develop their own plan for creating a home of their own, we will provide
- a technical guide to help individuals and families navigate the complexities of ILO planning and funding
- personalised consultations to help families take action.
The three phases of the project include the development of:
- A technical (how to) guide
- A train-the-trainer program, and
- An ILO capacity-building navigator or consultation service.