Learn about the crucial role of the Job Developer in customising employment.
This is the first webinar from a two-part webinar series about Job Development in which Milton Tyree (from Marc Gold & Associates) and Imagine More’s Julia Shumaker and Fiona McIntosh discussed the crucial role of the Job Developer in customising employment.
In this first session, Milton, Fiona, and Julia spoke about
- The essential elements of Customised Employment.
- How Discovery informs the job development process.
- The most important information to share with employers.
Finding genuine support
- Selecting the right individual or agency to undertake employer conversations for you.
- Encouraging providers to adopt Customised Employment if they haven’t already.
Gathering information and leads
- Inviting others to help you identify potential workplaces.
- Who to invite if you don’t have a lot of connections
- Finding potential employers through trusted connections.
- How to gather information about industries that you are not familiar with.
Playing time: 1 hour, 52 minutes