Anna Coventry will be presenting on Day 2 of the Opening Opportunities conference alongside her son, Will Coventry. They'll share how they developed a meaningful week of work and volunteering with the support of Will's Circle of Support.
About Anna Coventry
Anna Coventry is an Occupational Therapist who has a private practice in Brisbane, conducting functional and care needs assessments. She is married to Keith, and they have two adult sons, Henry and Will. Will lives with a complex disability.
Anna self-manages Will’s NDIS plan and is involved in Will’s Circle of Support. The circle consists of significant people in Will’s life who support Will in fulfilling his vision of living a good life, including work, contributing to his community, and planning to live in a home of his own.
Will at work
Will Coventry and Anna Coventry
Will and Anna will share their journey in crafting a meaningful week of work and volunteering with the support of Will’s Circle of Support. In this presentation, you will hear about:
- Will’s vision for lifelong employment
- when and why Will’s family decided to look for volunteering and employment roles for Will
- the steps his family took to explore and set up work experience, volunteering and employment, with the help of Will’s circle of support
- the role Will’s school played and what it might have done to make the transition from school to work even more successful
- what Will’s family and supporters have done to sustain paid work
- how good workplace relationships have been nurtured, including through the use of Will’s alternative communication method
- the supports that are in place to help Will succeed.
Book tickets | See the conference schedule | Return to the main conference page